1 September 2017
RMT Press Office
RMT strike action over passenger safety in separate disputes on Southern, Northern and Merseyrail "solid as a rock" this morning
RMT General Secretary Mick Cash said;
"Support from our members in all three disputes over public safety on our railways is absolutely solid as a rock this morning.
"These strikes are about putting passenger safety before private profit and those that seek to undermine the safety culture on our railways in order to fill their own pockets should be called to account and forced back to the negotiating table."
"RMT members are making a stand for safe and accessible rail for all in the face of a minority government and a gang of private train companies whose motivation is profit.
"The RMT members on strike today across the country are a credit to their local communities and the entire trade union movement and it's no surprise that the public have decided they are on the side of those fighting for safe, accessible rail services."
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
- RMT calls for face to face meeting with Shapps
- RMT says strike action on Cross Country trains solidly supported in all depots today
- RMT says strike action on Cross Country trains goes ahead from tomorrow after company snub settlement in last ditch talks
- RMT calls strike action on Cross Country trains from Christmas eve over attack on the guards’ grade
- RMT demands action from safety regulator