26 July 2016
RMT Press Office:
Strike action "solid and determined" across Wood Group Shell assets.
Striking RMT and Unite members on the Brent Charlie Platform beginning a campaign of strike action this morning over attacks on pay, jobs, working conditions and safety.
RMT General Secretary Mick Cash said:
“RMT members are standing solid and determined today as they kick off a campaign of industrial action in response to savage attacks on pay and working conditions by the Wood Group across their Shell operated assets.
“The workforce is united in a fight which is drawing in huge support from across the global trade union movement.
“The threat of pay cuts of up to 30%, while the company bosses are raking it in, has triggered this dispute which is yet another indictment of the state of corporate Britain today. The company need to recognise the anger, respect their workforce and withdraw this vicious assault on our members standards of living.”
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: shell, wood group, brent charlie platform, offshore, north sea, strike action
- RMT calls for UK crew on Dogger Bank support vessels
- RMT calls for jobs and training links in offshore wind contracts
- RMT remembers Piper Alpha 33 years ago today
- RMT responds to creation of a single enforcement body for workers' rights
- RMT uncovers illegal employment practices in the offshore supply chain