29 December 2015
ALL INDUSTRIAL ACTION SUSPENDED – MEMBERS INSTRUCTED TO WORK NORMALLY.
To all RMT Members at Alstom Chester
ALL INDUSTRIAL ACTION SUSPENDED – MEMBERS INSTRUCTED TO WORK NORMALLY
Rates of Pay and Conditions of Service 2015 Alstom Chester
Your representatives have been holding negotiations with the company over the Christmas period and a revised offer has been tabled by the company the details of which are as follows:-:
1. 2% increase in basic rates of pay and allowances backdated to 1st June 2015.
2. Reduction of one hour in the working week from 1st June 2016 from 39 hours to 38 hours with no loss of pay.
3. A further reduction of one hour in the working week from 1st June 2017 to give a 37 hour week with no loss of pay.
4. To support the above increase the company and the Trade Union representatives would agree to support the full deployment of the existing company sickness and absence policy to achieve the targeted levels of attendance at work at the Alstom Chester Site.
Following consideration of the above and the improvement to reduce the working week to 37 hours by 1st June 2017 your negotiating team are recommending acceptance of the new and a referendum be held so you can have the final say. This will be sent out early next week.
In the meantime the Generals Grades Committee has agreed to suspend all industrial action. The overtime ban and rest day working is suspended immediately and the instruction not to work between the hours of 18:00 hours on Thursday 31st December 2015 and 07:59 hours on Friday 1st January 2016 is also rescinded. Members should work normally.
This improved offer is down to the hard work of your negotiators and the solidarity you have shown in supporting them and the union with the industrial action you have taken. The General Grades Committee would like to congratulate you on the stand you have taken.
Best wishes for the New Year.
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: alstom chester
- Transport union RMT responds to Government net zero strategy
- RMT suspends Stagecoach South West strike action tomorrow
- As Southeastern passes into public ownership today, RMT reveals true cost of private sector failure
- RMT Scotrail members continue their battle today as Scottish rail workers step up fight for pay justice during COP26
- RMT strike on Stagecoach South West goes ahead