17 June 2015
Industrial Action Details
Our Ref: SH/15/4
17th June 2015
TRADE DISPUTE WITH CALEDONIAN MACBRAYNE
Firstly, you and your colleagues are congratulated for returning a massive vote in favour of taking industrial action to make sure that your job security, conditions of service and pensions are protected. Following discussions with your Lead Officer and RMT Reps, all CalMac members are instructed to take industrial action as follows:-
• An overtime and call back ban between 00:01 hours on Wednesday 24th June and 23:59 hours on Thursday 25th June 2015.
• Not to ‘turn to’ (book on) for any duty that commences between 00:01 hours and 23:59 hours on Friday 26th June 2015.
NB: During the above period of industrial action members must ensure that the safety of the ship is maintained at all times.
Discussions continue to take place and now is the time to take action to demand that the Company takes steps to provide the simple assurances that RMT is seeking to protect you and your colleagues, which are as follows:-
Job Security – a term inserted into your current contract of employment with immediate effect that there will be no compulsory redundancies and no changes to staffing levels without agreement being reached with your Union.
Conditions of Service – a term inserted into your current contract of employment with immediate effect that that there will be no changes to your conditions of service without agreement being reached with your Union.
Pensions – a guarantee that all members will remain in your current pension scheme and that no changes will be made to the scheme without agreement being reached with your Union.
UNITY IS STRENGTH
SUPPORT YOUR UNION – SUPPORT THE ACTION
I urge you to continue your magnificent support for your union and solidarity with your colleagues in this dispute.
Want to receive updates from us? Subscribe to a mailing list
Tagged with: calmac, caledonian macbrayne, industrial action
- RMT suspends Stagecoach South West strike action tomorrow
- RMT confirms strike on Stagecoach buses in South West goes ahead tomorrow in fight for pay justice
- RMT warns of sustained national industrial action
- RMT announces industrial action on Stagecoach East Midlands in national pay fight
- RMT calls for support for ferry workers